Did you know that graduate students have access to an ombudsperson?

The Ombuds person can:

Hear complaints and grievances.

  • Help individuals candidly discuss issues and explore options.

  • Open channels of communication.

  • Serve as a neutral third party in conflict resolution.

  • Work to achieve fair and equitable solutions to problems.

  • Make referrals to appropriate University resources, so that you can go directly to the person who can best address your concerns.

  • Suggest approaches for addressing and managing conflict.

  • Collaborate with other University offices on issues of general concern.

  • Help obtain interpretations of University policies.

  • Offer recommendations for policy and procedure change.

Our Ombudsperson is Dr. Mark A. Shayman who may be reached at 405-3132


Graduate Student Government 

University Of Maryland

0121A Stamp Student Union

"by grads for grads"

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Follow us on social media